Monday, May 19, 2008

Expensive Parking



The trip to China town proved to be expensive. While parked at the parking lot near the store my mom had to visit for Chinese herbs, I got a hefty $60 parking ticket.

It was for parking on the sidewalk.

$60 for parking is more than a day's worth of parking in any parking garage near Michigan Ave. Ick.

As far as I see, I am not parked on the sidewalk unless the black asphalt is the sidewalk too. In that case the whole parking lot would be the sidewalk.

I will definitely be fighting the City of Chicago for this ticket as the people in the store told me they haven't had any trouble with people parking there in the past 10 years and besides, I'm not parked on the sidewalk.

If anyone has any advice on good ways to fight this ticket, I am always looking forward to it!

No comments: