Sunday, June 22, 2008

2008 Midwest MR2 Owners Club Meet



Sorry about the bad picture, it was a photo I took with my Canon Digital Rebel XT displayed onto the monitor.

Anyway, it was the 2008 Annual Midwest MR2 Owners Club Meet today and boy was it a good time! 17 MR2's made it to the meet, but more MR2's owners with alternative cars made it too!

Of all the car meets I have been to, this one was definitely the best. The people are by far the most mature, level headed, yet fun. Average age was probably mid 20's so everyone was either around my age or a little older. We definitely got along.

The weather started out bad, with thunderstorms lurking around our Chicago meeting area, then clearing up for the drive to Wisconsin. We enjoyed lots of laughs, good food, and great weather through the time we were there. Rain started falling toward the end of the meet and that ended the meet for most of us.

I'm a bit sun burned and itching with mosquito bites, but with all the people I met today, those are only minor problems!

No comments: